We believe in the gospel–the good news that Jesus Christ has invaded the darkness of this world with an eternal hope. His life, death, and resurrection have provided a way for us to be saved from our sins and united with God forever.
We believe that truth matters. More than our personal experiences or intuition, real truth gives us a dependable foundation and a purpose to live for. We subscribe to the Baptist Faith & Message, which we believe accurately documents the clear teaching of Scripture.
Click here for a full statement of faith.
While the leadership at The Well subscribes to the entirety of our doctrinal statement, anyone pursuing membership at The Well should affirm the following truths:
- Doctrine of God: We believe in one God eternally existing as one essence and three distinct persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, each of whom is fully God, yet there is one God.
- Doctrine of Revelation: God has made Himself known to the world in Jesus Christ, the Scriptures and creation.
- Doctrine of Creation and Providence: We believe that God created the world from nothing and governs all things at all times in all places.
- Doctrine of Humanity: We believe that all humanity is created in the image of God and possesses intrinsic dignity and worth.
- Doctrine of Sin: We believe that sin has fractured all things, leaving the world in desperate need of salvation.
- Doctrine of Salvation: We believe that salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone.
- Doctrine of the Church: We believe that the Church is the body of Christ sent into the world to shine forth the glory of God.
- Doctrine of Resurrection and Consummation of the Kingdom of God: We believe that Jesus Christ is returning to the world in the future to judge the living and the dead.
If you aren’t sure you have a relationship with God as He is described above, or want to know more about any of our doctrinal beliefs, please feel free to reach out to anyone on our team to discuss any of this further.